Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Thing 21: Animoto


I created a video that I could use as an introduction to my class, called "About Mrs. K". It's just a short get-to-know-your-teacher film:
Intro Video

I am so happy I have discovered Animoto. It walks you through the process step-by-step, so is very easy to use. I pulled pictures from Facebook and Instagram because I had more personal pictures about my life saved on those accounts, but I could also use many other sites, or just upload from my computer. Even rearranging the pictures into the order I wanted was so simple. I can't think of a complaint with this program at all!

This project was just one of my many ideas for use of Animoto in the classroom. Really the possibilities are endless! I could also use it to make slide shows with pictures much faster than in Microsoft Powerpoint, which could be applied to just about every subject. I could use it as a creative writing prompt, as a visual aid while telling stories, to help visual learners understand concepts better, and so much more!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your intro video. The pictures used, did you plug them into the program and the template made the pictures look like that or did you take the pictures like that with the borders around them and the picture frames? I have never heard of this program before, and seems like it would be a really good tool to use in the classroom. Being that elementary teachers teach all subject areas, this will make it a lot easier for us to organize information as well as give students who learn through visuals a chance to see the information in a different way. Smart thinking!

    ReplyDelete