Sunday, September 1, 2013

Thing Twelve: The Many Uses of Google

     As previously stated, I am a big Google fan. It is so simple and gives such a large variety of results. Today, I began explore Google Calendar and Google Alerts. I absolutely love these two tools. Google calendar allows me to schedule my day down to 15 minute intervals, and the most unique aspect is that I can sync it to my cell phone calendar. I would probably use this one as my personal calendar, since I have a Microsoft Outlook calendar for my work schedule that I share with everyone else. This one, I could use for all of the personal reminders/ appointments that I need to keep track of. Google Alerts is a really unique tool. It sends you alerts when there is new news on a subject that you have chosen. I chose not to create an account, because I really don't need any other applications notifying me with things that will distract me from being productive. However, it would be very convenient to have news stories delivered immediately if I do want to keep track of a current event. It could be used as a tool when I become a teacher, allowing me to keep track of new laws in education or other current events to discuss with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment