Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thing Seventeen: Delicious

     Although I think tagging is a great idea and can be extremely useful, I can't say Delicious is one of my favorite ways to do so. Delicious brought up an extremely wide range of results, which to me is inefficient. I would much rather just Google exactly what I want. I would not use it in my classroom, or personally, but I think for some it could be useful. It is another way to get more ideas about a subject, or find more sites on a subject. It is unique in that your bookmarks can be accessed anywhere, and for some teachers, this might be helpful. For example, teachers that do not regularly use powerpoint presentations could use Delicious to quickly pull up a web page they want to show students. My preference would be to just link the site I want to use in my lesson to my powerpoint presentation or whatever program or tool I will be using already.

No comments:

Post a Comment