Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thing Fifteen: Wiki

    I never knew there were so many wikis out there! I thought the Book Lover's Wiki, which was designed for everyone involved in a summer reading program, was a great idea! I also really liked the educational blogging wiki. As far as adding to the APSU 23 things wiki, it was slightly confusing. Since I have never been on a site like that before, it took me a few tries to figure out how to sign up, gain access to the page, and then post on it. However, now that I know how it works, I think it could be a very useful tool. I would like to have access to something similar to the educational blogging wiki, but maybe for local teachers only. I like the idea of sharing ideas in this way and how easy it is to add to what someone else has said.
   The thing that is so interesting about wikis is that they seem so open to what anyone has to say. There are protective measures in place, but it still seems strange to me. Perhaps the idea will grow on me, but for now, I would rather just keep my own thoughts and words my own without someone else editing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment