Monday, August 26, 2013

Thing Eight: Mashups

  Fret Saw Letter L E Vintage Sticker Letter a r67 MAGPIE coaster letter N

Honestly, I was not thrilled with this "mashup" exploration. I found many of the websites poorly composed and far from simple to navigate and use. However, the concepts of some are very original, and I like the ideas behind them. For instance, I used Spell with Flickr to create my heading. This could be fun for use in my home- I could print out a spell with flickr version of our last name to hang on the wall, or for use in my classroom to have interesting headings hanging at stations.

My feelings about photo sharing online are essentially " to each his own". I am very careful about what I post online because I do care how my public image is perceived by others, especially future employers and my family. However, if others feel the need to share every detail of their life through pictures with the entirety of the internet world, then good for them. For most of us, though, it is a great way to find pictures of things we need (like when I am trying to explain how adorable a German Wirehaired puppy is) and help others accomplish the same.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the "mashup" exploration. I did not find the websites easy to navigate and encountered some that were not workable.

    ReplyDelete