Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thing Four: Commenting

     Commenting creates a sense of community among bloggers by making people feel connected through a common subject or a feeling about a certain thing. It makes the author of a blog feel like his or her readers "get it" and that he or she is appreciated. Whether or not a commenter agrees, a respectful comment of opposition can still make a blog author feel good about his or her writing because someone took the time to carefully read and consider the post.
     Along the same lines, the topic of disagreeing with a blog post is something important to consider. It easy to come off negatively when you disagree with the blog author. However, if you politely disagree and offer your opinion respectfully, you can create some positive discussion on a blog. Further, it may give the author some constructive criticism to help them in future writing. Another important point to think about is how to encourage commenting on your own blog. By encouraging readers to comment by asking them to do so within your post, thanking them when they do, and humbly commenting back throughout your readers' discussion on your post, you can make others feel comfortable talking to you through your blog.
     I have chosen to read the following blogs:
Miss Lorrie' 23 Things
Teddy's 23 Bearable Things
Ms. Peterson's 23 Things About Teaching
Miss I's 23 Thinsgs in Government
Sunny Days in Second Grade
Teaching with Style

The 23 Things blogs I chose are all authored by my classmates. The main reason I chose them is to be able to intract with my classmates outside of the classroom, and learn a little more about them. I chose the other two blogs by searching specifically for second grade blogs. These two stood out to me, because they both are so creative and share an abundance of ideas AND free stuff! I mean, how cool is that?
On each of my comments, I tried to draw a comparison between myself and the blog author in order to find a common ground. On the two second grade blogs, I thanked the authors for sharing their great ideas and pointed out specifically what I liked about the projects and ideas they shared. I think being specific lets them know people are really reading everything they are putting out there and we appreciate the tips and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment