Friday, August 23, 2013

Thing Three: Using Blogging in Teaching

     This is my first semester in the MAT program, but so far both courses have really driven home the idea that we (as aspiring teachers) have an abundance of online resources available to us. Blogs are possibly my favorite of those resources so far. The first hand stories from teachers actually doing my future job are inspiring, comforting, and helpful. Experienced teachers can give new teachers some encouragement with tips and ideas on how to get through the sometimes difficult transition from student to teacher. Further, it allows all teachers across the globe to form a community, sharing ideas and opinions, and helping each other become better teachers. Beyond my own education, I could use a blog in my own classroom to let parents know what is happening on a weekly basis and to showcase student work. I could also use a blog to document my personal development as a professional throughout my career.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first semester in the MAT program, and I also have never been into blogging. But reading blogs from teachers is inspiring, and gives me an insight I wouldn't otherwise have since I don't personally know any teachers.

    ReplyDelete