Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thing Six: Web 2.0 Tools

   I discovered lightt today, which allows you to make still photographs into a movie. I could easily download it onto my smartphone and use it just like any other app. I really liked the website itself. It was very creative and visually appealing, yet still simple enough to navigate. The only thing I didn't really like about it was that the website didn't give a clear how-to. For instance, I would want to read instructions first and know exactly how difficult it is for me to make a picture stream before I download the app and attempt it on my own on my phone. However, I am still willing to give it a try. The videos created with lightt are much more fluid than a traditional picture slideshow. It gives the feeling of actually flowing through a shared experience.
     I could absolutely use lightt in my classroom. I could bring stories to life, use it to illustrate life cycles and events, and even let the students create a "day in the life" type film of our classroom to show their parents. For example, I could take still pictures of a plant from seed to full grown plant, then put it together into a movie for my students to see how a plant actually grows. I really liked discovering this app, and am looking forward to trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment